Last minute spray tan? or forgot to prep?
Purchase an eXmitt!!! $6
This is used at your appointment, immediately prior to your tan, it will exfoliate dead skin cells, remove dirt, oil and debris from the skin and pH balance your skin!
Prepping & Caring for your Spray tan
Your tan should last approximately 5-7 days, with attentiveness to pre & post care. Ask me about Retail Home Care products to help Optimize your results & prolong your tan!
Preparing for your spray tan session:
1. Please be sure to wear or bring dark, loose fitting clothes to your appointment. Tight fitting clothes such as jeans, leggings, sports bras, underwire bras should not be worn directly after tanning. Shoes: flip flops, clogs such as crocs are recommended.
2. Exfoliate 24-48 hours prior to your appointment. This is key to a more natural looking, longer lasting & even tan. Don't worry if you don't have time to exfoliate, forget, or decide day of to get a spray tan- I have an eXmitt available to purchase to do so immediately before your spray tan session. These are an additional $6.
3. After shower prior to session, do not apply lotions, oils, deodorant as the ingredients may react to the tanning solution. Do not have make up on your face. * If coming from work, remove products/makeup prior to session- or you are welcome to use the sink in my studio, plan to arrive a few minutes early to do so.
4. All hair removal needs to be done prior to your session. Shave/wax 24hrs prior to your session. As both can remove your tan immediately after application, shaving creams can block the pores as well.
5. If you're getting a tan for a special event- prom, wedding, competition, etc. Please be sure to schedule your nail appointments 24hrs before your tanning appointment.
6. Incase of rainy weather, have an umbrella to walk to your car from building. As the rain drops will affect the solution development.
You are welcome to bring your own under garments to wear during session if you wish- such as bra/underwear, swimsuit or bikini. However I do provide disposables for your convenience. You may also choose to go bare if you prefer no tan lines.
* Certain medications, for example antibiotics, can alter the pH level of your skin and can alter the color of the spray tan. It is ideal to wait 3 days after taking to get your spray tan.
Post Care/Home Care:
1. When you shower after the curing time (24hrs) you may see the "color guide" or "cosmetic bronzer" wash off your skin-don't panic- it's NOT your tan. The color guide is what helps me see where I am spraying you during the session. If you must shower prior to 24 hours, it is recommended to use a warm rinse only to freshen up. Please note that this may lessen the overall results of your tan.
2. Pat dry with towel after showers. Wiping can decrease the life of your tan
3. You may resume your normal activities after the curing time of 24 hours. During curing time please avoid getting wet & sweating. IF you MUST shower prior to the 24hrs- use a warm water rinse only! Do not use soap and please be cautious of your shampoo and conditioner when rinsing- if at all possible, please avoid shampooing hair as well, as the shampoo/conditioner will run down your body and affect the devlopment of your tan.
4. The tanning solution does NOT contain SPF. Please remember to protect your skin from the sun by apply Sweat Proof sunscreen.
*prolonged exposure to water, such as swimming & hot tubs, will cut down the length of your tan.
Norvell has an extensive Retail Line that will help you acheive the natural, just off the beach tan that you are looking for! Ask me about what is best for you!